It has been awhile since I've written a blog. 2019 was a tough year and I for one am glad that it's over. If perfect vision is 20/20, we all should be seeing more clearly in this new year. I know I will be!
Here's what's out with the old for me:
1) All those "friends" of mine who abandoned me - or should we say dropped me like a hot cake - after my marriage dissolved. I find it amazing that I'm still the same person with the same heart, yet my "friends" either didn't ever reach out to ask if I was ok or visited once and never contacted me again. Or there's the ones that said they'd come to visit for sure - and never called. It really hurt. But ... I'm letting it go. Good luck to you all. Out with that!
For all my real friends who have been there with me all along, and for the new ones I've met in my journey this year, thank you, thank you, thank you ... I love you all!
2) Stuffing. Yes I said it! Stuffing. Stuffing my face with food while stuffing down my emotions, boredom and any other excuse I could muster. Time to get healthy again! No more excuses! Out with that!
3) Hibernating? Hermiting? I found myself without the energy to really do much of anything. Once the work day was done, that was about it for me. I stopped going out. Stopped socializing. Well phooey on that! Out with that!
4) Overspending. It's kind of like over eating but with money. So I've bought all I need - and pretty much everything I've ever wanted - so it's time to stop and take control! Out with that!
5) Being afraid to travel on my own. Why is that? I travel all the time for business but when it comes to booking a trip to go on a vacation by myself, I'm hesitant, scared, nervous. All my friends say it's the best experience. So why not? Out with that!
So what's in for me for 2020?
1) The Around the World Dinner Club. In 12 months, the Dinner Club will experience cuisines from 12 countries. We're going to research and learn the popular dishes and share the recipes that we cook. At the end, we'll have a great cookbook!
2) I vow to get healthy again. Drop the weight I regained. Heal my knee problems and start walking again. I have made this promise to myself and I AM going to do it!
3) I am going to say YES to every invitation! And I'm going to do a lot more inviting myself! Wanna go somewhere or do something? Just ask me!
4) I AM going to book a trip somewhere before the end of the year. And go by myself. Oh yes I am!
5) In the words of Johnny Reid, one of my favourite musicians, This Year (it's actually Today) I'm Going to Try to Change the World, I'm gonna take it one day at a time. I've made my resolution, I've opened up my eyes, this year I'm going to try to change the world.
I'm gonna say hello to my neighbour, gonna greet him with a smile.
Gonna shake the hand of a stranger, sit and talk to him for awhile.
Gonna tell someone I love them from the bottom of my heart.
Gonna make sure my children know right from wrong.
Never turn my back on those who need someone.
Always gonna try to see myself through another's eyes.
Yes, this year I'm gonna try and change the world!
Yup ... that's about it. What are you going to do with your 20/20 vision?